We have one open position to conduct a pre-doctoral research work on water treatment technologies. The selected candidate will have a 1-year contract (starting on 25/04/2022) and possibilities to conduct a funded PhD work. Research topic is the implementation of forward osmosis membrane technology to transform urban wastewater treatment in resource recovery factory. Place of work: Laboratory of Chemical and Environmental Engineering of the University of Girona - LEQUIA (Catalonia, Spain). Researcher in-charge: Dr Gaëtan Blandin. Reference: PhD-FF-URGENT.
Applicants should fulfil the following requirements:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in chemical/environmental engineering, chemistry, materials engineering, environmental sciences, biotechnology or equivalent. Experience with membrane technologies and/or water processes is a plus.
- Have passed at least 60 ECTS of the master’s Studies required to study a doctorate program in the University of Girona (300 ECTS including Bachelor studies).
- Have a good academic record and be fluent in English.
If you fulfil these requirements, are hard-working, highly motivated and interested in developing a career in applied research within the environmental/water engineering field, you may be the candidate we are looking for.
Who we are
LEQUIA (the Laboratory of Chemical and Environmental Engineering) is a research group of the University of Girona (Catalonia, Spain) devoted to the development of eco-innovative environmental solutions. LEQUIA projects involve environmental scientists, chemists, biologists, engineers and political scientists, among others. Our current research lines are: i) innovative bioprocesses for treatment, resource recovery and synthesis of new products; ii) physicochemical advanced processes for treatment and/or reuse of liquid and gas side streams; and iii) planning, control and evaluation of complex environmental systems.
- The full CV with the average degree of the Bachelor and Master studies.
- A motivation letter.
What we offer
- Working in a multidisciplinary research group with a recognised trajectory within the water field.
- The necessary equipment and facilities to carry out your research work.
- Intensive contacts with fellow researchers across Europe and with industrial partners in Spain and across Europe.
- Working in a research funded project (FORWARD FACTORY) that addresses global environmental challenges.
- Support and guidance to develop your research career.
For further information on LEQUIA research, visit our website.