We have one open position to conduct a PhD on water treatment technologies. The selected candidate will have a 3-year grant funded by UdG (IFUdG) and will enrol UdG Doctorate Programme in Water Science and Technology. Research topic is the implementation of forward osmosis membrane technology to transform urban wastewater treatment in resource recovery factory. Place of work: Laboratory of Chemical and Environmental Engineering of the University of Girona - LEQUIA (Catalonia, Spain). Envisaged date of start: September 2022. Researcher in-charge: Dr Gaëtan Blandin. Reference: PhD-FF.
Applicants should fulfil the following requirements:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in chemical/environmental engineering, chemistry, materials engineering, environmental sciences, biotechnology or equivalent. Experience with membrane technologies and/or water processes is a plus.
- Have passed at least 60 ECTS of the master’s Studies required to study a doctorate program in the University of Girona.
- Have a good academic record and be fluent in English.
If you fulfil these requirements, are hard-working, highly motivated and interested in developing a career in applied research within the environmental/water engineering field, you may be the candidate we are looking for.
Who we are
LEQUIA (the Laboratory of Chemical and Environmental Engineering) is a research group of the University of Girona (Catalonia, Spain) devoted to the development of eco-innovative environmental solutions. LEQUIA projects involve environmental scientists, chemists, biologists, engineers and political scientists, among others. Our current research lines are: i) innovative bioprocesses for treatment, resource recovery and synthesis of new products; ii) physicochemical advanced processes for treatment and/or reuse of liquid and gas side streams; and iii) planning, control and evaluation of complex environmental systems.
- The full CV with the average degree of the Bachelor and Master studies.
- A motivation letter.
What we offer
- Working in a multidisciplinary research group with a recognised trajectory within the water field.
- The necessary equipment and facilities to carry out your research work.
- Intensive contacts with fellow researchers across Europe and with industrial partners in Spain and across Europe.
- Working in a research funded project (FORWARD FACTORY) that addresses global environmental challenges.
- Support and guidance to develop your research career.
For further information on LEQUIA research, visit our website.