We are seeking candidates to apply for a PhD grant and conduct a funded research work under the University of Girona doctoral program on Water Science and Technology. Research topic is capture and bioconversion into commodity chemicals of CO2 from indoor air. Click here for further information about the research project. Place of work: Laboratory of Chemical and Environmental Engineering of the University of Girona - LEQUIA (Catalonia, Spain). Envisaged date of start: September of 2022. The selected candidate will apply for a 3-year PhD grant funded by Agency for Management of University and Research Grants (Agència de Gestió d'Ajuts Universitaris i de Recerca-AGAUR) or University of Girona (UdG). Ref: PhD_student_MicroBio.
Applicants should fulfil the following requirements:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in chemical/environmental engineering, chemistry, materials engineering, environmental sciences, biotechnology or equivalent.
- Have passed at least 60 ECTS of the master’s Studies required to study a doctorate program in the University of Girona.
- Have an excellent academic record and fluent in English.
If you fulfil these requirements, are hard-working, highly motivated and interested in developing a career in applied research within the environmental/biotechnological field, you may be the candidate we are looking for.
Who we are
LEQUIA (the Laboratory of Chemical and Environmental Engineering) is a research group of the University of Girona (Catalonia, Spain) devoted to the development of eco-innovative water solutions. LEQUIA projects involve environmental scientists, chemists, biologists, engineers and computer scientists. Our current research lines are: i) innovative bioprocesses for treatment, resource recovery and synthesis of new products; ii) physicochemical advanced processes for treatment and/or reuse of liquid and gas side streams.
- The full CV with the average degree of the Bachelor and Master studies.
- If the Bachelor/Master studies were carried out abroad, declaration of equivalence to the Spanish system, calculated in accordance with the Spanish Ministry of Universities rules.
- A motivation letter.
- Letters of recommendation (optional).
What we offer
- A research group with a recognised trajectory in the environmental/chemical engineering field.
- An international and multidisciplinary team.
- The necessary equipment and facilities to carry out your research work.
- Intensive contacts with fellow researchers across Europe and with industrial partners in Spain and across Europe.
- Work in a research funded project that addresses global environmental challenges.
- Support and guidance to develop your research career.
For further information on LEQUIA research, visit our website