The 2nd European International Society for Microbial Electrochemistry and Technology Meeting (EU-ISMET) will be held in Alcalá University (Alcalá de Henares, Madrid) from 3rd to 5th September 2014.
This three-day conference will provide an open forum for researchers and professionals in the field of microbial electrochemistry and technologies (METs) to discuss and present their research. This young but sparkling society is covering a vast scenario of topics as exciting as extracellular electron transfer in bacteria or as applied as bioremediation of wastewater, soil or sediments, electrosynthesis or energy generation.
This will be the contribution of our researchers to EU-ISMET 2014:
- A realistic approach for electromethanogenesis: coupling carbon capture to biogas upgrading. Oral communication. Pau Batlle-Vilanova.
- Engineering reactor microbiomes of denitrifying Bioelectrochemical Systems. Oral communication. Narcís Pous.
- Hydrodynamic modelling fro anode design on Microbial Fuel Cells. Pitch communication. Albert Vilà.
- Effect of Hydrodynamics on MFC Microbial Community. Poster. Anna Vilajeliu-Pons.
- Scaled-up Microbial Fuel Cell for swine manure treatment and bioenergy production. Poster. Anna Vilajeliu-Pons.
- Maximum Power Point Tracking strategy applied to Microbial Fuel Cells to reduce start-up time and minimize overpotentials. Oral presentation. Daniele Molognoni (visting researcher).
You can donwload LEQUIA research portfolio on bioelectrochemical systems.