The 2013 edition of the International Conference on Chemistry and the Environment (ICCE) was held in Barcelona from 25-28th June. The main targets of ICCE 2013 were to link pioneering research with existing and up-coming environmental issues; to discuss fundamental and applicable aspects related to the fate of chemicals in the environment; and to generate awareness for emerging contaminants.
LEQUIA participation was very high. Two oral communications and five posters were presented, and Dr. Joaquim Comas – LEQUIA professor – was member of the Organizing Committee.
- Different tools for different decision levels in wastewater treatment plants design, key note lecture, Dr. Manel Poch
- Start-up of a Fe(III) fixed-bed bioreactor for the continuous groundwater arsenic removal, Poster, Hèctor Monclús, Joaquim Comas, Lluís L. Quesada, Clàudia Fontàs, Enriqueta Anticó, Jesús García-Gil, Ignasi Rodríguez-Roda
- Multi-agent based decision support system for the integrated management of UWWS,Poster, Hadjimichael, L. Oliva Felipe, L. Corominas, M. Poch1, U. Cortés, J. Comas
- Evaluating partial nitrification capability to degrade Sulfamethoxazole and their greenhouse gases emissions, Poster, Buttiglieri G., Collado N., Rodriguez-Caballero A. , Rodriguez-Mozaz S., Ferrando-Climent L., Rodriguez-Roda I., Comas J., Barceló D. and Pijuan M.
- UV and chlorination treatments for the elimination of fragrances in water samples: study of their transformation products, Poster. Godayol A., Gonzalez-Olmos, R., Sánchez J., Anticó E.
- Economic valuation of polishing WWTP effluents using ozonation to enhance PPCPs removal: environmental benefits, Poster, R. Reif, M. Molinos-Senante, M. Garrido-Baserba, F. Omil, M.Poch.
- Influence of sulfamethoxazole on activated sludge bacterial community and removal efficiencies, Oral, Collado N., Buttiglieri G., Marti E.,Ferrando-Climent L., Rodriguez-Mozaz S., Barceló D., Comas J.1, and Rodriguez-Roda I.
- Membrane bioreactor modelling: deterministic vs data driven models, Oral, M. Dalmau, N. Atanasova, S. Gabarrón, I. Rodriguez-Roda, J. Comas