The University of Girona (Catalonia, Spain) is seeking a graduate/undergraduate student in pilot plant operation applied to ammonia recovery from leachates by stripping/absorption units. Reference: estudiant-Lix
LEQUIA - The Laboratory of Chemical and Environmental Engineering (LEQUIA) is a research group of the University of Girona (UdG) devoted to the development of eco-innovative environmental solutions. Founded in 1993, LEQUIA is renowned for its work within the water field. We have a multidisciplinary team of 40 people, with chemists, biologists, biotechnologists, environmental scientists, engineers, computer scientists and political scientists. Current research lines are: i) innovative bio-processes for treatment, resource recovery and synthesis of compounds, ii) advanced physical-chemical processes for treatment and/or reuse of liquid and gaseous streams, and iii) planning, control and evaluation of complex environmental systems.
- To hold a degree (or under condition to obtain it during 2023) in Chemical/Industrial Eng., Chemistry, environmental science/engineering, biotechnology or equivalent degrees.
- A good track of academic records, not only for degree subjects but also to general skills (oral/written communication, team working, auto evaluation). During the academic formation, the candidate must have attended matter related to chemical engineering with good marks.
- A master student is a plus, but not a requirement .
- Basic knowledge of laboratory operational techniques.
- Be fluent in English. Knowledge of Spanish and Catalan will be appreciated.
- To be proactive, have commitment to teamwork and, if possible, used to work in both academic and business environments.
- With the supervision of project responsible, the student will be in charge of the laboratory set-up design, construction and operation under different conditions.
- The laboratory set-up will be focused on the recovery of ammonia from leachates (2 units: stripping and absorption) in collaboration with a front-runner industry of the sector.
- The student is expected to write progress reports of the tasks according to process development, under the supervision of project responsible.
- Gross salary (aprox): between 8-10 €/h according to candidate CV (600-750 €/month).
- Duration: 5 months, part time (4h/day).
- Foreseen starting date: Feb 15th, 2023
- Full academic CV (including subjects and marks).
- A brief note describing the motivation to apply for this position, personal ambition and why is interested in such position (maximum 1 page, 3000 characters).
- Up to three letters/persons of recommendation (optional).