We are seeking a post-doctoral researcher with experience in the application of modelling and AI techniques in the urban water cycle. Candidates will apply to i) an upcoming competitive call to work in a National RTD project (contract duration: 1 year), and ii) calls 2022 of programmes “Beatriu de Pinós” (contract duration: 3 years) and/or “Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions” (contract duration: 2 years). Work place: University of Girona (Catalonia, Spain), LEQUIA research group. Researcher in-charge: Dr Hèctor Monclús.
LEQUIA - The Laboratory of Chemical and Environmental Engineering (LEQUIA) is a research group of the University of Girona (UdG) devoted to the development of eco-innovative environmental solutions. Founded in 1993, LEQUIA is renowned for its work within the water field. We have a multidisciplinary team of 37 people, with chemists, biologists, biotechnologists, environmental scientists, engineers, computer scientists and political scientists. Current research lines are: i) innovative bio-processes for treatment, resource recovery and synthesis of compounds, ii) advanced physical-chemical processes for treatment and/or reuse of liquid and gaseous streams, and iii) planning, control and evaluation of complex environmental systems.
- To hold a PhD in industrial, chemical, environmental engineering or equivalent degrees.
- To have 2 years of post-doctoral research experience outside Spain.
- Not have resided or carried out the main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Spain for more than twelve months in the three years prior to the “Beatriu de Pinós” call deadline (foreseen: March 28th 2022).
- To have specialised knowledge in modelling and AI techniques, preferable applied in the urban water cycle and, concretely, in water treatment processes (e.g. wastewater treatment, water reclamation, drinking water treatment).
- To have the ability to use software for statistics (e.g. Matlab) and programming languages (e.g. Phyton).
- Be fluent in English. Knowledge of Spanish and Catalan will be appreciated.
- To be proactive, have a commitment to teamwork and, if possible, used to work in both academic and business environments.
- Initial contract of 12 months, under the Spanish National Research project. Foreseen start date: May 2022. Annual gross salary (aprox): 33.300€.
- Further eventual contracts under “Beatriu de Pinós” (AGAUR, 3 years) and “Marie Sklodowska-Curie” (European Commission, 2 years) fellowship programmes.
- CV with the list of publications.
- A brief note describing the motivation to apply for this post.
- Two or more references, with the contact details.
- Up to three letters of recommendation (optional).